Re: Filesystem Direct I/O and WAL sync option

От Dimitri
Тема Re: Filesystem Direct I/O and WAL sync option
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Yes, disk drives are also having cache disabled or having cache on
controllers and battery protected (in case of more  high-level
storage) - but is it enough to expect data consistency?... (I was
surprised about checkpoint sync, but does it always calls write()
anyway? because in this way it should work without fsync)...