Re: Filesystem Direct I/O and WAL sync option

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Filesystem Direct I/O and WAL sync option
Дата
Re: Filesystem Direct I/O and WAL sync option  ("Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org>)
Список pgsql-performance
Dimitri wrote:
> I'm very curious to know if we may expect or guarantee any data
> consistency with WAL sync=OFF but using file system mounted in Direct
> I/O mode (means every write() system call called by PG really writes
> to disk before return)...

You'd have to turn that mode on on the data drives as well to get
consistency, because fsync=off disables checkpoint fsyncs of the data
files as well.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas