Re: proposal: CREATE DATABASE vs. (partial) CHECKPOINT

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: proposal: CREATE DATABASE vs. (partial) CHECKPOINT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/30/2014 08:56 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> I actually think we should *always* use the new code and not
> add a separate wal_level=minimal branch. Maintaining this twice just
> isn't worth the effort. minimal is used *far* less these days.

I wouldn't go that far. Doing the wal_level=minimal optimization should
be pretty straightforward. Note that it would be implemented more like
CREATE INDEX et al with wal_level=minimal, not the way CREATE DATABASE
currently works. It would not involve any extra checkpoints.

- Heikki