Re: Trailing comma support in SELECT statements

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Trailing comma support in SELECT statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/28/14, 4:25 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>> This is a misfeature for the benefit of edit-lazy users only.
> This one, however, is more a judgment of people and their practices rather than the feature itself. Color me
unimpressed.

+1.

Having users sweat of comma placement in this day and age is pretty stupid. I can understand why we wouldn't want to
breakbackwards compatibility, but I think it does us and our users a disservice to dismiss the issue.

(BTW, I use a "comma first" formatting standard, so this doesn't actually effect me much, but I still find the original
complaintvery valid.)