Re: Trailing comma support in SELECT statements

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Trailing comma support in SELECT statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> writes:
> On 10/28/14, 4:25 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>> This one, however, is more a judgment of people and their practices rather than the feature itself. Color me
unimpressed.

> +1.

> Having users sweat of comma placement in this day and age is pretty stupid. I can understand why we wouldn't want to
breakbackwards compatibility, but I think it does us and our users a disservice to dismiss the issue.

I don't think anyone is just dismissing the issue.  But it is certainly a
judgment call as to whether the pros outweigh the cons, and I'm not seeing
a clear majority of us thinking they do.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: group locking: incomplete patch, just for discussion
От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Trailing comma support in SELECT statements