Re: PostgreSQL 9.6.1 - Windows 64bit - HDD crash due to power outage

От Samed YILDIRIM
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.6.1 - Windows 64bit - HDD crash due to power outage
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Ertan,

Most probably, It will work by copying your old data directory to a new identical PostgreSQL server's data directory. But, you should be sure that you have copied your data directory correctly, not only base directory, etc.

1. Install an identical PostgreSQL server
2. Copy your old data directory to your new installation. Please do not move, copy them. Be sure that you have always a backup without any modification of your failed server.
3. Check folders' and files' permissions. As I remember, in Windows PostgreSQL works with Network Service user/permissions. But I'm not sure.
4. Check your logs before starting PostgreSQL Server
5. If everything is ok, delete postmaster.pid if exists.
6. Start your PostgreSQL server and follow your logs. You may need to start with recovery.conf.

Best regards.

İyi çalışmalar.
Samed YILDIRIM