Re: 9.3 migration issue

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: 9.3 migration issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/13/2014 04:28 PM, Stephen Davies wrote:
> No. Just pg_dump and pg_restore/postgis_restore.pl.

Roles(users) are global to a cluster so they will not be picked up by
pg_dump. You have the options of:

1) Using pg_dumpall to dump the entire cluster into a text file

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/app-pg-dumpall.html

$ pg_dumpall > db.out

2) Or do pg_dump on the individual databases and pg_dumpall -g to get
just the global objects, which is what Vick Khera was getting at.

-g
--globals-only

     Dump only global objects (roles and tablespaces), no databases.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com