Re: 9.3 migration issue

От Stephen Davies
Тема Re: 9.3 migration issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I no longer have the logs but I do not recall any errors during the restores.

The first I knew of the issue was when scripts started failing because access
was denied to some tables for the nominated user.

Due to other, non-PostgreSQL issues, I am going to have to repeat some of the
migrations next week. I shall watch carefully for any grant errors.

Cheers,
Stephen

On 14/10/14 10:05, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 10/13/2014 04:27 PM, Stephen Davies wrote:
>> Nope. All went very smoothly apart from these grant issues.
>
> I think what Jeff was after was any error messages related to the grant
> issues. I would expect that if users where granted access to tables and where
> now denied, there would be an error on restore when that GRANT was issued.
>

>> On 14/10/14 01:57, Jeff Janes wrote:
>>> On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 9:11 PM, Stephen Davies <sdavies@sdc.com.au
>>> <mailto:sdavies@sdc.com.au>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     I am in the process of migrating several PostgreSQL databases from a
>>>     32-bit V9.1.4 environment to a 64-bit V9.3 environment.
>>>
>>>     I have used pg_dump and pg_restore (or postgis_restore.pl
>>>     <http://postgis_restore.pl>) as required by the combination of
>>> version and
>>>     word size migration and the results have been (superficially) good.
>>>
>>>     However, some tables in some databases have lost access privileges.
>>>     That is, users who could access tables on the old server are
>>> denied access
>>>     on the new.
>>>     I have fixed this by manually granting access where necessary but
>>> wonder
>>>     whether the original issue is a bug or something that I have
>>> missed in the
>>>     migration.
>>>

>>> Did you get any error messages during the load?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Jeff

Stephen Davies Consulting P/L                             Phone: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                                Mobile:040 304 0583
Records & Collections Management.