Re: A performance issue with Memoize

От Arne Roland
Тема Re: A performance issue with Memoize
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Richard,

I can tell this a real world problem. I have seen this multiple times in
production.

The fix seems surprisingly simple.

I hope my questions here aren't completely off. I still struggle to
think about the implications.

I wonder, if there is any stuff we are breaking by bluntly forgetting
about the subplan params. Maybe some table valued function scan within a
subquery scan? Or something about casts on a join condition, that could
be performed differently?

I wasn't able to construct a problem case. I might be just missing
context here. But I am not yet fully convinced whether this is safe to
do in all cases.

Regards
Arne