Re: open items for 9.4

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: open items for 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/29/2014 08:53 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> - Remove xloginsert_slots/xloginsert_locks GUC - Not yet!!
>> >
>> > The text seems to indicate that there's some disagreement on this
>> > point.  I don't have a strong opinion on whether or not to keep the
>> > GUC, but if we're going to remove it it should probably happen before
>> > beta3.  It's going to be impossible to remove once we've released with
>> > it, I suspect.
> I vote for keeping it.

Time for me to put on my "we have too many darned GUCs" curmudgeon hat.

1. What does it do?
2. Are there reasons why users would want to change it from the default?
3. Can we explain those reasons in the form of documentation?

IMHO, if the answers to 2 or 3 are "no", then we shouldn't have a GUC.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}