Re: Inefficient barriers on solaris with sun cc

От Oskari Saarenmaa
Тема Re: Inefficient barriers on solaris with sun cc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
25.09.2014, 16:34, Andres Freund kirjoitti:
> Binaries compiled on solaris using sun studio cc currently don't have
> compiler and memory barriers implemented. That means we fall back to
> relatively slow generic implementations for those. Especially compiler,
> read, write barriers will be much slower than necessary (since they all
> just need to prevent compiler reordering as both sparc and x86 are run
> in TSO mode under solaris).

Attached patch implements compiler and memory barriers for Solaris
Studio based on documentation at
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18659_01/html/821-1383/gjzmf.html

I defined read and write barriers as acquire and release barriers
instead of pure read and write ones as that's what other platforms
appear to do.

/ Oskari

Вложения