Re: plpgsql defensive mode

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: plpgsql defensive mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-09-06 4:41 PM, Joel Jacobson wrote:
>> On 6 sep 2014, at 16:32, Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
>>
>> How do you run queries which affect more than one row in this mode? Because that's crucial as well.  We want
somethingwe can run 100% of our code on, but with a slightly more convenient syntax than PL/PgSQL provides right when
codingdefensively in the cases where exactly one row should be affected.

> If we would have ORDER BY also for UPDATE/DELETE then one could just
> order by something arbitrary to express multiple or zero rows are OK,
> even if not being interested in the order.

Ugh.  That can't possibly end well.  Overriding the meaning of something
that already works as standalone SQL statement sounds like a really bad
idea.

.marko