Re: pg_dump warnings in MinGW build

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_dump warnings in MinGW build
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 10:52:43AM -0700, Jeff Janes wrote:
> Now that popen and pclose don't throw thousands of warnings when compiling
> mingw builds, some other warnings stand out.
>

> parallel.c: In function 'pgpipe':
> parallel.c:1332:2: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion
> [-Woverflow]
> parallel.c:1386:3: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion
> [-Woverflow]
>
> I think the solution is to use the pgsocket typedef from src/include/port.h,
> rather than int.  Like attached.
>
> But I'm far from being a typedef lawyer, so maybe I am all wet.

FYI, I am not sure if you saw that this was fixed in June as part of a
larger patch:
commit ac608fe758455804f26179ea7c556e7752e453e8Author: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>Date:   Mon Jun 16 15:24:38 2014
-0400   Use type pgsocket for Windows pipe emulation socket calls    This prevents several compiler warnings on
Windows.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +