Re: Commitfest status

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Commitfest status
Дата
Re: Commitfest status  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Commitfest status  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
We now have 32 patches in "Needs Review" state, and 7 of those don't
have a reviewer assigned. They are:

1. Grouping Sets
2. hash join - dynamic bucket count
3. Enable WAL archiving even in standby
4. Selectivity estimation for inet operators
5. Better syntax for REINDEX
6. pgcrypto: support PGP signatures
7. pgcrypto: PGP armour headers

Out of these, the first 4 have generated a fair amount of discussion on
the list, but no-one has dared to put down their name as a reviewer.
What is the real status of these patches, are the authors really waiting
for a review at this stage? Authors: please speak up and update the
status to "Returned with Feedback" or "Waiting on Author", if you know
how to proceed. Others: If you have been involved in the discussions,
please sign up as a reviewer and make a decision on how to move forward
with the patch.

I think the latter 3 patches are missing a reviewer because no-one is
interested in them. There was some discussion on the REINDEX syntax, and
whether we want the patch at all. The pgcrypto patches have received
zero comments.

If you think that a feature is worthwhile, please sign up as a reviewer.
If these patches don't have a reviewer assigned by the end of the week,
I'm going to mark them as Rejected on the grounds that no-one cares
about them.

- Heikki