Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Re: PL/pgSQL 2  (Álvaro Hernández Tortosa <aht@nosys.es>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/02/2014 02:47 PM, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa wrote:

>      Yeah, we differ there. I think having an Oracle compatibility layer
> in PostgreSQL would be the-next-big-thing we could have. Oracle is has
> orders of magnitude bigger user base than postgres has; and having the
> ability to attract them would bring us many many more users which, in
> turn, would benefit us all very significantly.
>
>      It would be my #1 priority to do in postgres (but yes, I know
> -guess- how hard and what resources that would require). But dreaming is
> free :)

Oracle compatibility certainly has merit, I just don't see it as useful
for core. I would be far more interested in MSSQL compatibility
honestly. That said, Postgres itself is a rockstar and I think we can
make our own case without having to copy others.

JD

>      Álvaro

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should             not be surprised when they come back as
Romans."