Re: [HACKERS] Increase pltcl test coverage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Increase pltcl test coverage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> writes:
> Got a stack trace. The abort happens in TclObjLookupVar:

Yeah, I found the problem: pltcl_returnnext calls pltcl_build_tuple_result
which may throw elog(ERROR), leaving the Tcl interpreter's state all
screwed up, so that later functions go south.  It seems quite accidental
that this is only failing with 8.4.  We need pltcl_returnnext to use a
subtransction, like the other pltcl statements that can call into generic
PG code.  Working on a fix now.