Re: pg_upgrade hangs

От John Scalia
Тема Re: pg_upgrade hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well, it's now gotten much worse, and I really do not understand how this is failing. I started off this morning trying
torun pg_grade with strace in the hope that I could find
something hanging up, but pg-upgrade is now failing and exiting very early. Almost immediately after reporting
"Checkingcluster versions ok", it throws a SQL command failed where
it tried to create the temporary table 'info_rels'. The error is that type "info_rels" already exists.

My first thought was that a previous attempt had partially succeeded and left some garbage in the new 9.3 instance. So,
Ideleted everything in the 9.3 data directory and did a new
initdb there, but the problem continues to reoccur. I have since checked the old 9.2 database, including the template1
portion,but I don't see an info_rels table in any of these.
(I checked using "select * from pg_tables;") I'd really like to know why it's failing here. Where is it finding this
info_relstable and why can't I find it? Is it deleting it
after it spits out this error? And is this table something that gets repeatedly created and dropped during a
pg_upgrade?

Very confusing,
Jay