Re: New developer TODO suggestions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: New developer TODO suggestions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/29/2014 10:43 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> * A function that converts a json array to a PostgreSQL array of a given
>> type if all json members are compatible with the type
>>
>> * Expanding the set of json/jsonb operations to introduce features that
>> people are used to from jquery, mongo, etc.
>> Replace-key-if-exists-without-adding, add-or-replace-key, etc.
>>

> I think you have to ask Andrew on these.

Both these might be possible. I am not planning on doing them, at least.
My current json plans for 9.5 are limited to implementing jsonb
equivalents of those json functions that didn't make it into the 9.4
jsonb work due to pressure of time, i.e. the json generating functions
and the aggregates. That work has been started and with luck will hit
the next commitfest.

cheers

andrew