Re: BUG #11090: Unclear error message in pg_upgrade

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: BUG #11090: Unclear error message in pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 7/29/2014 11:58 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> brorfred@gmail.com  wrote:
>
>> >pg_upgrade requires that the old and new database has the same install
>> >superuser (superuser that ran initdb). If this requirement isn't fulfilled,
>> >you'll get the following error:
>> >
>> >"Old and new cluster install users have different values for
>> >pg_authid.oid.\n"
> To me, the bug is that we required both superusers to be named the same
> in the first place.

so, if its enhanced with a -U newsuperuser flag, any objects owned by
'postgres' on the original cluster are now owned by 'newsuperuser' on
the new cluster?

Сообщение: Re: BUG #11090: Unclear error message in pg_upgrade
Сообщение: Re: BUG #11090: Unclear error message in pg_upgrade