Re: BUG #11090: Unclear error message in pg_upgrade

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #11090: Unclear error message in pg_upgrade
Дата
Re: BUG #11090: Unclear error message in pg_upgrade  (David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
brorfred@gmail.com wrote:

> pg_upgrade requires that the old and new database has the same install
> superuser (superuser that ran initdb). If this requirement isn't fulfilled,
> you'll get the following error:
>
> "Old and new cluster install users have different values for
> pg_authid.oid.\n"

To me, the bug is that we required both superusers to be named the same
in the first place.

От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: BUG #11088: posgres blocks when i don't commit