Re: I: "ERROR: could not access status of transaction" (after upgrding from 9.3.2 to 9.3.4?)

От John Scalia
Тема Re: I: "ERROR: could not access status of transaction" (after upgrding from 9.3.2 to 9.3.4?)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you were able to get those tables restored to full functionality. I'm afraid
thatmy experience level is insufficient to offer any further
explanations as to why this happened. I know when this bit me, it was due to a hardware failure that both had some disk
blockstrashed as well as two different servers got started
up and both tried accessing the database, on an NFS partition, simultaneously.

On 7/28/2014 8:27 AM, Cassiano, Marco wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first of all, thank you Jay (jayknowsunix) for your answer.
>
> With further investigation, we found other two cases of missing pg_clog files.
>
> I ran a fsck against the filsystem and  everything is OK (whew!!)
>
> So the question is still : why are they missing ?
>
> I noticed that in my pg_clog directory the oldest file is 040D (date 3/9/2014).
> The missing files were 03FA, 03CF and 03E3.
> It seems that something deleted all files prior to 3/9/2014 (Sunday).
> I searched through postgresql logs but didn't find anything that could explain the reason why these files are
missing.

> Another option to explain the problem could be that it's correct that those files are gone but the problem is that
somewherein the database there's something still referring to them that wasn't cleared... Could it be possible ?

> Anyway, in the three cases we found, the dump/delete/reload table system worked. Luckily the three tables allowed
sucha procedure (small tables, not a lot of referential integrity, not frequently accessed)

> I will appreciate any idea, experience, suggestion you will share
>
> Thanks
>
> Marco

"pg_clog/03FA":No such file or directory.