Re: odbc for unix

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: odbc for unix
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 07/15/2014 08:58 AM, Lizeth Solís wrote:
> Good morning.  Please If you could answer this question.  I would be so
> gratefull.
>
> I want to use heterogeneous service  from Oracle to integrate Oracle –
> Postgres.
>
> And to use this, I need and ODBC driver installed in my unix server (AIX
> 7.1).
>
> I downloaded this one psqlodbc-09.03.0300.tar.gz from  your web page,
> from the route SRC.
>
> And i’m applying this document:
>
> *Compiling psqlODBC on Unix*
>
> Following psqlODBC's move away from the main PostgreSQL source tree,
> Peter Eisentraut was kind enough provide a build environment for us
> which is now included in psqlODBC tarballs.
>
> *Installation*
>
> To install, just try something like:
>
> % tar -zxvf psqlodbc-xx.xx.xxxx.tar.gz
>
> % cd psqlodbc-xx.xx.xxxx
>
> % ./configure
>
> % make
>
> % make install
>
> But I get this error post apply ./configure
>
> ZEUS:/opt/odbc/psqlodbc-09.03.0300>#./configure
>
> checking for a BSD-compatible install... config/install-sh -c

> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... config/install-sh -c -d
>
> checking for gawk... no
>
> checking for mawk... no
>
> checking for nawk... nawk

> checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
>
> checking for gcc... no

The above is the problem.

> checking for cc... no
>
> checking for cl.exe... no
>
> configure: error: in `/opt/odbc/psqlodbc-09.03.0300':
>
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

Reiterated above.

> See `config.log' for more details

Might want to look in above for more information.

> My server is UNIX – AIX 7.1  and Im executing this one like ROOT.
>
> Please could you help me with this?  Thanks a lot!!!

If you are going to compile from source you will need to have
development tools installed, Not sure how you do that on AIX, but for
now at least install gcc or its equivalent.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com