Re: WAL segment management on a standby

От John Scalia
Тема Re: WAL segment management on a standby
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Matheus,

What I guess I'm more than curious about is as this is one of two standbys and I could always rebuild it again from either of the other two machines, is what am I risking if delete everything except maybe the last handful of WAL segments? When I start the database, I usually only see one or maybe two references to WAL segments being used to sync up. And being that the standby streams anyway, I'm not all that concerned if another pg_basebackup has to run to rebuild the standby. I only want it to start cleanly in the event of a stoppage. Which almost never happens anyway.
--
Jay