Re: Request for project mailing list: pgsql-pkg-docker

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Request for project mailing list: pgsql-pkg-docker
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> It's exactly the kind of discussion that does need to happen, unless
> we're just going to say yes or no to everyone. We're not a general
> hosting provider for anyone who wants it, nor do we have the resources
> to become one.

"Is there demand" is a useful question when creating a list.

"Is project X worthwhile or not" isn't.  Namely, my comment was in
response to this:

"Forgive my naive question. How is Docker PostgeSQL useful for real
world use case?"

Such questions, while they would be appropriate for another list
(pgsql-general maybe?  The new docker list, if I get access to it?), are
NOT appropriate when discussing whether or not to grant a new list.  It
forces requestors to run a gauntlet of different list commentors finding
fault with their project.

Maybe it's past time for us to have a formal set of criteria and process
for requesting new lists, just like we do for other kinds of web stuff
like events?  A lot of the arguments here might be avoidable with one.

P.S. Alvaro, if you didn't see my other email, I did not get the
majordomo notification of the new list.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Request for project mailing list: pgsql-pkg-docker
Сообщение: Re: Request for project mailing list: pgsql-pkg-docker