Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?
Дата
Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?  (AJ Weber <aweber@comcast.net>)
Список pgsql-performance
On 06/25/2014 04:40 PM, Aaron Weber wrote:

> In the meantime, I guess I wasn't clear about some other particulars
> The query's where clause is only an "IN", with a list of id's (those
> I mentioned are the PK), and the join is explicitly on the PK (so,
> indexed).

Indexed doesn't mean indexed if the wrong datatypes are used. We need to
see the table and index definitions, and a sample query with EXPLAIN
ANALYZE output.

> An IN with 50 int values took 23sec to return (by way of example).

To me, this sounds like a sequence scan, or one of your key matches so
many rows, the random seeks are throwing off your performance. Of
course, I can't confirm that without EXPLAIN output.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse, LLC | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604