Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?

От Aaron Weber
Тема Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Will get what you asked for ASAP. Thanks for your time.
--
Aaron

On June 25, 2014 5:55:29 PM EDT, Shaun Thomas <sthomas@optionshouse.com> wrote:
On 06/25/2014 04:40 PM, Aaron Weber wrote:

In the meantime, I guess I wasn't clear about some other particulars
The query's where clause is only an "IN", with a list of id's (those
I mentioned are the PK), and the join is explicitly on the PK (so,
indexed).

Indexed doesn't mean indexed if the wrong datatypes are used. We need to
see the table and index definitions, and a sample query with EXPLAIN
ANALYZE output.

An IN with 50 int values took 23sec to return (by way of example).

To me, this sounds like a sequence scan, or one of your key matches so
many rows, the random seeks are throwing off your performance. Of
course, I can't confirm that without EXPLAIN output.

Сообщение: Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?
Сообщение: Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?