Re: New mailing list?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: New mailing list?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 06/20/2014 12:59 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>> However, the patch is ready for real world use now, and requires only
>> very minimal changes to 9.4 - sufficiently so that it'll shortly have a
>> script to just convert a 9.4 datadir for use with the BDR patch, or vice
>> versa.
>>
>> Given the level of user interest I've been seeing I'd like to have
>> somewhere for users to communicate about it, discuss it, report issues,
>> etc, so that we have a much more solid feature for merging into 9.5 and
>> 9.6. I'm aware of people who intend to put this into production, not
>> just test with it, so there'll be more than just some chat about it on
>> -hackers.
>
> We've traditionally shied away from having per-feature mailing lists
> as they end up fragmenting discussion, and typically most of the
> interested parties are on both lists anyway. In a (very) recent
> discussion on -core on the topic of having feature lists, it was very
> clear that it is not something the majority of us want to do.

True, but this is different. This is in some sense a separate project
from core (for now) and as it is usable now, the users will be
different. I don't see many -hackers caring a whole lot about this list
except those that are doing the actual development. What this list will
do is reduce noise for people wanting to help in the dogfooding of this
feature.

I am a +1 for a short lived (~ 2 years) dogfood list for this feature.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc