Re: BUG #10527: TRAP when joining local table with view on tds_fdw foreign table

От Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Тема Re: BUG #10527: TRAP when joining local table with view on tds_fdw foreign table
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Am 04.06.2014 18:35, schrieb Tom Lane:
> gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de writes:
>> Not sure if this might be a 9.4 regression or if the FDW interface has
>> changed and tds_fdw needs some tweaking, however:
>> When I join a local table with a view on a foreign table (tds_fdw), I get
>> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(outer_rel->rows > 0)", File: "indxpath.c", Line:
>> 1861)
> This looks like tds_fdw is neglecting its responsibility to deliver a
> positive rowcount estimate for the foreign relation.  (Most places in the
> core code use clamp_row_est(), which forces the value to be more than zero
> along with rounding it to nearest integer.)  You'll need to report it to
> the author of tds_fdw.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Chhers Tom, will do so.

N.B. though that I've not had this issue when doing exactly the same
stuff on 9.3, hence the bug report. Might be worth a footnote in the
release notes (i.e., _if_ e.g. the failing assertion has been introduced
w/ 9.4).

Cheers,

--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth
RHCE/SCLA

Mobil +49 172 8853339
Email: gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de
In 1984 mainstream users were choosing VMS over UNIX. Ten years later
they are choosing Windows over UNIX. What part of that message aren't you
getting? - Tom Payne