Re: jsonb access operators inefficiency

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: jsonb access operators inefficiency
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/30/2014 01:30 PM, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> The patch really improves access performance to jsonb.  On the
> delicious bookmarks I got 5 times better performance.Now jsonb
> outperforms json on simple access  (slide 12 of pgcon presentation) by
> 103 times !

(Oleg, please try not to top-post)

The question is whether the speedup comes from the reduction in lookup
times or the reduction in string copying. I have a strong suspicion that
it's mostly the first, not the second.

cheers

andrew

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: jsonb access operators inefficiency
Сообщение: Re: jsonb access operators inefficiency