Re: Postgresql service stopped automatically after restart

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgresql service stopped automatically after restart
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/29/2014 07:34 AM, Kalai R wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am developing application using postgresql 9.3 and VS2005 as FrontEnd.
> I am using silent installation method to install postgresql from .Net
> application.
> Postgresql installed and connected with application is fine
>
> *The problem is* , when we on the system after shut down, postgresql
> service doesn't start. Can't start manually also. At this situation,
>
> -> sometime files are deleted in bin folder, if I paste the deleted
> files in that folder, service start
>
> ->sometime files are not deleted,could not start the service
>
> ->some time if we change the postgresql service to local system account,
> service start
>
> ->some time if we change the postgresql service to local system account,
> could not start the service
>

> Mostly this problem occurs in the System that have Windows XP or if any
> *Virus Scanner installed*
>
> How to solve this Problem?

Start by looking in the Postgres logs. The last time you had this issue
it was a mis-configured pg_hba.conf file:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/AANLkTikKMzZxcfirFMHEXu-ABE+ohqUwH2TcdQJZi7Dh@mail.gmail.com

As to deleted files, I would start by disabling the AV software checks
for the Postgres directories.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com