Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?

On 8.5.2014 23:48, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>>> I really don't get what your objection to the setup is. And no, I
>>> don't want them to run concurrently, I'd rather spread out the
>>> cycles.
>> I wasn't objecting, merely an observation. Note that Tomas
>> mentioned he's okay with running 4 builds at once. My main point
>> here, really, is that having a larger number of animals shouldn't
>> be an impediment for a more complex permutation of configurations,
>> if he's okay with doing that. I assume you wouldn't object to my
>> approving four extra animals running on the same machine, if Tomas
>> wants to go for that.

So, if I get this right, the proposal is to have 7 animals:

1) all branches/locales, frequent builds (every few hours) magpie  - gcc fulmar  - icc treepie - clang

2) single branch/locale, CLOBBER, built once a week magpie2 - gcc fulmar2 - icc treepie - clang

3) single branch/locale, recursive CLOBBER, built once a month

I don't particularly mind the number of animals, although I was shooting
for lower number.

The only question is - should we use 3 animals for the recursive CLOBBER
too? I mean, one for each compiler?

regards
Tomas