Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4.5.2014 21:29, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On 3.5.2014 19:01, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>>> Does that include non-gcc compilers on Linux/x86 platforms?
>>>
>>> Magpie is pretty much dedicated to the buildfarm, and it's pretty much
>>> doing nothing most of the time, so running the tests with other
>>> compilers  (llvm/ic/...) would be just fine. Not sure how to do that,
>>> though. Should I run the tests with multiple configurations, or should
>>> we have one animal for each config?
>>>

>> No, don't run with multiple configs. That makes it much harder to see
>> where problems come from. One animal per config, please.
>
> Yeah, that's what I thought.
>
> I've requested another animal for clang, I'll do the same with the intel
> compiler once I get the clang one running.
>
> Are there any other compilers / something else we could run on this box?

OK, both new animals are up and apparently running - treepie for clang,
fulmar for icc.

I recall there was a call for more animals with CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS
some time ago, so I went and enabled that on all three animals. Let's
see how long that will take.

I see there are more 'clobber' options in the code: CLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY
and CLOBBER_CACHE_RECURSIVELY. Would that be a good idea to enable these
as well?

The time requirements will be much higher (especially for the
RECURSIVELY option), but running that once a week shouldn't be a big
deal - the machine is pretty much dedicated to the buildfarm.

regards
Tomas