Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> writes:
> I recall there was a call for more animals with CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS
> some time ago, so I went and enabled that on all three animals. Let's
> see how long that will take.

> I see there are more 'clobber' options in the code: CLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY
> and CLOBBER_CACHE_RECURSIVELY. Would that be a good idea to enable these
> as well?

> The time requirements will be much higher (especially for the
> RECURSIVELY option), but running that once a week shouldn't be a big
> deal - the machine is pretty much dedicated to the buildfarm.

I've never had the patience to run the regression tests to completion with
CLOBBER_CACHE_RECURSIVELY at all, let alone do it on a regular basis.
(I wonder if there's some easy way to run it for just a few regression
tests...)

I think testing CLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY would be sensible though.