Re: 9.4 release notes

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Re: 9.4 release notes
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/05/2014 09:38 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sun, May  4, 2014 at 10:24:54AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>>> Nice work,
>>>
>>> one comment from me would be about jsonb:
>>>
>>> +       <listitem>
>>> +        <para>
>>> +         Add structured (non-text) data type (jsonb) for storing
>>> JSON data (Oleg Bartunov,  Teodor Sigaev, Peter Geoghegan and
>>> Andrew Dunstan)
>>> +        </para>
>>> +
>>> +        <para>
>>> +         This data type allows faster indexing and access to json
>>> keys/value pairs.
>>> +        </para>
>>> +       </listitem>
>>>
>>> I think the explanation should be expanded to say that this data
>>> type also has generic indexing not just faster indexing.
>>>

>> It's also slightly ambiguous - it's not immediately clear that the
>> "faster" also applies to the "access".
> OK, how is this:
>
>           This data type allows for faster indexing and access to json
>           key/value pairs, as well as efficient indexing of all key/value
>           pairs in a JSON document.

No, I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying, and I think the
addition is at best misleading. I would avoid talk of key value pairs,
anyway, that's not all that's in a json document (it might be an array,
for example).

How about:
   This data type allows for faster access to values in the json document and faster and more useful indexing of json.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Supporting multiple column assignment in UPDATE (9.5 project)
Сообщение: Re: Supporting multiple column assignment in UPDATE (9.5 project)