Re: Server crash... trying to figure it out

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: Server crash... trying to figure it out
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On May 31, 2011, at 11:31 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:

You're probably overcommitting memory and running afoul of the oom
killer.

You've got an actual 12MB, but you can easily allocate up to
shared_buffers + (user_connections * work_mem), which is 18.5 GB.  I
would start by reducing shared_buggers to 3GB or less, and cut
work_mem in half.  Then I would get a connection pooler set up to
funnel 200 client-side connections through a pool of 10 or 20
database connections.  Then I would try edging up work_mem while
monitoring performance and memory usage.

-Kevin

Thanks for the response- great food for thought. Do you have any recommendations on a pg connection pooler?

--
Wells Oliver
Architect, Baseball Systems