Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/22/2014 06:43 PM, Mark Wong wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Joshua D. Drake
> <jd@commandprompt.com <mailto:jd@commandprompt.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 04/22/2014 08:26 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>         I'm going away tomorrow for a few days R&R. when I'm back next
>         week I
>         will set up a demo client running this module. If you can have
>         a machine
>         prepped for this purpose by then so much the better, otherwise
>         I will
>         have to drag out a box I recently rescued and have been
>         waiting for
>         something to use it with. It's more important that it's stable
>         (i.e.
>         nothing else running on it) than that it's very powerful. It
>         could be
>
>         running Ubuntu or some Redhattish variant or, yes, even FreeBSD.
>

>     This is best handled by Mark. Mark can you help Andrew with this?
>     I assume we would use the DL385 with the MS70?
>

> Yeah, I can help.  But let me know if Alfred's offer is preferred.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive, but I'd rather start off with
one machine. I would find it easiest if it were on something like
CentOS6.5.

When we have that running and reporting like we want it we can add a
FreeBSD server.

The idea is that these machines would be available for a long time,
ideally quite a few years. We want to have them with a stable time
series of performance data so that when something disturbs the
performance it sticks out like a sore thumb.

cheers

andrew