Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/21/14, 4:08 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> If the community had more *BSD presence I think it would be great but it isn't all that viable at this point. I do
knowhowever that no-one in this community would turn down a team of FreeBSD advocates helping us make PostgreSQL
awesomefor PostgreSQL.

I assume you meant FreeBSD awesome for PostgreSQL? :)

I'm also a big fan of *BSD but the reality is it's MUCH harder to get *BSD into a corporation than linux. Now, if
FreeBSDhad a bunch of stuff that made PostgreSQL run like 4x faster on *BSD than Linux that would be a different
story.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?