Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/21/14, 9:51 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2014-04-21 09:42:06 -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>> Sure, to be fair, we are under the gun here for a product, it may just mean
>> that the end result of that conversation is "mysql".
> Personally arguments in that vain are removing just about any incentive
> I have to work on the problem.

I was just explaining that we have a timeline over here and while that
may disincentive you for providing what we need it would be very unfair.

In that I mean sometimes the reality of a situation can be inconvenient
and for that I do apologize.

What I am seeing here is unfortunately a very strong departure from
FreeBSD support by the community from several of the developers.  In
fact over drinks at pgcon last year there were a TON of jokes making fun
of FreeBSD users and developers which I took in stride as professional
joking with alcohol involved.  I thought it was pretty funny.  However a
year later and I realize that there appears to be a real problem with
FreeBSD in the pgsql community.

There are other Linux centric dbs to pick from.  If pgsql is just
another Linux centric DB then that is unfortunate but something I can
deal with.

-Alfred

Сообщение: Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Сообщение: Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD