Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/21/14, 9:51 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 04/21/2014 12:44 PM, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

>>> I confess to being mightily confused.
>>
>> Sure, to clarify:
>>
>> Andrew, you just told someone who in a db stack sits both below (as a
>> pgsql user 15 years) and above (as a FreeBSD kernel dev 15 years)
>> your software what they "really need".
>>

> I told you what *we* (i.e. the PostgreSQL community) need, IMNSHO (and
> speaking as a Postgres developer and consultant of 10 or so years
> standing).

How high on the hierarchy of PostgreSQL's "needs" is making a single
option a tunable versus compile time thing?  I mean seriously you mean
to stick on this one point when one of your users are asking you about
this?   That is pretty concerning to me.

-Alfred

Сообщение: Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Сообщение: Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD