Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/21/14 9:34 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Alfred Perlstein (alfred@freebsd.org) wrote:
>> There is definitely hope, however changes to the FreeBSD vm are
>> taken as seriously as changes to core changes to Postresql's store.
>> In addition changes to vm is somewhat in the realm of complexity of
>> Postgresql store as well so it may not be coming in the next few
>> days/weeks, but rather a month or two.  I am not sure if an easy fix
>> is available in FreeBSD but we will see in short order.
> This has been known for over a year.. :(
I know!  I remember warning y'all about it back at pgcon last year. :)

>> I need to do some research.  I work with Adrian (FreeBSD kernel dev
>> mentioned earlier in the thread), I'll grab him today and discuss
>> what the issue may be.
> Hopefully that'll get things moving in the right direction, finally..
Sure, to be fair, we are under the gun here for a product, it may just
mean that the end result of that conversation is "mysql".

I'm hoping we can use Postgresql as I've been a huge fan since 1999.  I
based my first successful project on it and had a LOT of help from the
pgsql community, Tom, Bruce and we even contracted Vadim for some work
on incremental vacuums!

-Alfred

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: assertion failure 9.3.4
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Composite Datums containing toasted fields are a bad idea(?)