Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/21/14 9:13 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Alfred Perlstein (alfred@freebsd.org) wrote:
>> Can the package builder not set the default for the runtime tunable?
> Yeah, I was thinking about that also, but at least in this case it seems
> pretty clear that the 'right' answer is known at build time.
>
>> Honestly we're about to select a db platform for another FreeBSD
>> based system we are building, I strongly hoping that we can get back
>> to sysvshm easily otherwise we may have to select another store.
> Is there no hope of this getting fixed in FreeBSD..?  PG wouldn't be the
> only application impacted by this, I'm sure...
There is definitely hope, however changes to the FreeBSD vm are taken as
seriously as changes to core changes to Postresql's store. In addition
changes to vm is somewhat in the realm of complexity of Postgresql store
as well so it may not be coming in the next few days/weeks, but rather a
month or two.  I am not sure if an easy fix is available in FreeBSD but
we will see in short order.

I need to do some research.  I work with Adrian (FreeBSD kernel dev
mentioned earlier in the thread), I'll grab him today and discuss what
the issue may be.

-Alfred