Re: How can we make beta testing better?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: How can we make beta testing better?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/18/2014 08:15 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> and see whether it still works at all for you.  I asked Josh
> specifically to mention it in a followup to this message which you can
> see in that thread.  There was no reply, which I took as "this isn't a
> new feature and isn't user visible anyway, so what would be the point?"

It's not possible for a single document to be both a press release
(which that was) and a technical list of things to test.  That needs to
be two different documents ... and the technical one needs to somehow
evolve, so that we can add things to it as we discover potential problem
areas.

This does show how we're not really doing anything to publicize betas as
"please test this" though.  For that matter, our /beta page doesn't
really inspire someone to jump up and test things.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.