Re: How can we make beta testing better?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: How can we make beta testing better?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/17/2014 05:39 AM, Greg Stark wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:53 AM, Rod Taylor <rod.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 4) Plays queries from the CSV logs starting from $TIME mimicking actual
>> timing and transaction boundaries
>
> This ^^
>
> But I recall a number of previous attempts including plugins for
> general load testing systems, what happened to them?
>
> Honestly if you really want to load test properly though what you
> really want to do is deploy a copy of your entire application and feed
> it requests simulating user traffic. That results in more accurate
> representation and gives you data that's easier to act on.

Software is available which can do this.  The problem is getting the
workload in the first place.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?
Сообщение: Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?