Re: Buildfarm "master-next" branch? (was: Dynamic Shared Memory stuff)

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Buildfarm "master-next" branch? (was: Dynamic Shared Memory stuff)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/17/2014 12:08 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> OK, can you prepare a patch?
>>
>> Please find attached patch to address this issue.
>> One minor point to note is that now we have to call GetLastError() twice,
>> once inside error path and once to check EEXIST, but I think that is okay
>> as existing code in PGSharedMemoryCreate() does it that way.
>
> OK.  I committed this blindly, but I don't have a Windows dev
> environment, so please keep an eye on the Windows buildfarm members
> and provide follow-on patches if any of them get unhappy about this.

Given that we're doing this a fair bit, is it reasonable to define a
"master-next" branch in git and have the buildfarm (or at least the
Windows members) build that?

Permit master-next to be rebased and reset.

That way it's possible to fire stuff off and see what happens on the
buildfarm without introducing broken commits unnecessarily.

Thoughts?