Re: Default UID for postgres user in linux

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Default UID for postgres user in linux
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 04/09/2014 06:28 AM, Rama Krishnan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> While installing postgres, a user named "postgres" will be
> automatically created.
> What is the default UID for postgres user in linux ?

There isn't one. PostgreSQL isn't in charge of assigning user-names or
passwords and the user under which it runs does not have to be postgres.

Many Linux distributions will create a "postgres" user with PostgreSQL
is installed but the UID can vary depending on distribution and the
order that services were installed. I just looked at a few of my
machines and found UIDs of 114, 106, 107, 26, ... and a similar
variation in GID.

Cheers,
Steve

От: Cliff Pratt
Сообщение: Re: TCP packet out of state: First packet isn't SYN tcp_flags: ACK
От: Jim Mercer
Сообщение: streaming replication - pgsql 9.2.3