Re: Installing ODBC

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Installing ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 03/26/2014 02:02 PM, Scott Urban wrote:
> Hi Adrian -
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I came across those FAQs and have tried both ODBC
> administration consoles.  I feel like the issue is during the installation
> or that something is missing in the setup.
>
> Do you know if the ODBC driver is required to be installed on same server as
> the PostgreSQL server?  I was trying to install the ODBC drivers on the
> server that I am going to use to connect to the database.  Not the same one.

It needs to be installed wherever you have a client that needs to use
ODBC. So if you are not using ODBC clients on the Postgres server
machine it does not need to be there.

> Or do you know if there are any pre-reqs?
> Thanks for taking the time to respond and help out.

It should not. What I would do to simplify life is uninstall both
versions. Then pick one version and install and set it up. Since you are
running 64bit Windows I would go with that version since you can
configure using the default programs.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com