Re: small regression adjustment

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: small regression adjustment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/26/2014 11:37 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It occurred to me after having to change I think 9 files to clean up a
>> small mess in the jsonb regression tests the other day that we might
>> usefully expose the inputdir and outputdir to psql as variables when
>> running pg_regress. Then we might be able to do thing like this, quite
>> independent of location:
>>      \set datafile :inputdir/data/mystuff.data
>>      COPY mytable FROM :'datafile';
> If we could get rid of the run-time-generated-test-file facility
> altogether, I could get excited about this; but just getting rid of
> the COPY special cases isn't enough for that.  Looking at
> convert_sourcefiles_in, it seems like we'd also need solutions for
> these dynamic substitutions:
>
>              replace_string(line, "@testtablespace@", testtablespace);
>              replace_string(line, "@libdir@", dlpath);
>              replace_string(line, "@DLSUFFIX@", DLSUFFIX);
>
> At least this one seems rather difficult to fix in this fashion:
>
> output/create_function_1.source:83:ERROR:  could not find function "nosuchsymbol" in file
"@libdir@/regress@DLSUFFIX@"

> (I'm a bit inclined to think that we could dispense with @DLSUFFIX@
> altogether; explicit use of the platform's library suffix has been
> deprecated for at least a decade.  But the others are harder.)

Well, maybe we should change dfmgr.c to stop outputting the DLSUFFIX in
its error message.

I haven't tried with the other two. I will when I get a spare moment.

But even if we find it too troublesome to get rid if the substitution
part altogether, I think minimizing the need for it would still be worth
doing. It would help extension authors, for example, who are most likely
to want to use it to load data files for testing their extensions.

cheers

andrew