Re: Minimum supported version of Python?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Minimum supported version of Python?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, 2014-03-16 at 22:34 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> As for 2.4 vs 2.5, I don't have a lot of faith that we're really
>> supporting anything that's not represented in the buildfarm...
> There are many other features that the build farm doesn't test and that
> I don't have a lot of faith in, but I'm not proposing to remove those.
> I don't control what the build farm tests, I only control my own work.

Actually, if you run a buildfarm animal you have considerable control
over what it tests.

It's a very loosely coupled distributed system.

The whole basis on which it was constructed was that people who were
interested in certain combinations of hardware and infrastructure would
create animals to test those combinations.

If that's too much trouble for people, I have often offered to set up an
animal for people if they give me ssh access. If that's too much trouble
for people I tend to conclude that they aren't actually all that interested.

cheers

andrew