Re: Minimum supported version of Python?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Minimum supported version of Python?
Дата
Re: Minimum supported version of Python?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, if you want to consider python 2.3 as supported, I have a buildfarm
> machine I am about to put online that has 2.3 on it.  If I spin it up with
> python enabled, I expect you to see to it that it starts passing.  If you
> won't do that, I'm going to change the documentation.

As I said, according to my testing, 2.3 is supported.  If your
experience is different, then please submit a reproducible bug report.

> As for 2.4 vs 2.5, I don't have a lot of faith that we're really
> supporting anything that's not represented in the buildfarm...

There are many other features that the build farm doesn't test and that
I don't have a lot of faith in, but I'm not proposing to remove those.
I don't control what the build farm tests, I only control my own work.