Re: pg_dump without explicit table locking

От Jürgen Strobel
Тема Re: pg_dump without explicit table locking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18.03.14 00:15, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> writes:
>> On 3/17/14, 8:47 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> (Note that this is only one of assorted O(N^2) behaviors in older versions
>>> of pg_dump; we've gradually stamped them out over time.)
>
>> On that note, it's recommended that when you are taking a backup to restore into a newer version of Postgres you
createthe dump using the NEWER version of pg_dump, not the old one.

> Right.  IIRC, the OP said he *did* use a recent pg_dump ... but this
> particular issue got fixed server-side, so the new pg_dump didn't help
> against an 8.1 server :-(

Yes, I did use 9.3's pg_dump against my 8.1 DB initially.

The patch was created against github's master.

-Jürgen

Сообщение: Re: gaussian distribution pgbench
Сообщение: Re: gaussian distribution pgbench